Leo Cussen Centre for Law: Innovative training for your specific needs
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Department designs and conducts customised programs for law firms, government departments, medical and other professional associations, and for commerce and industry.
Customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs for lawyers
Our customised programs cover a number of practice areas and Compulsory CPD topics.
In addition to our own legally qualified and experienced staff we engage a range of consultants, most of whom are specialists in their field. We present programs in the following practice areas and Compulsory CPD topics.
Professional Skills (PS)
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Advocacy before Courts and Tribunals
- Negotiation Skills
- Writing in Plain Language
- Writing Decisions, Reports, Opinions and Other Technical Advice
- Writing Expert Witness Reports for Courts and Tribunals
- Appearing before Courts as an Expert Witness
- Working with Expert Witnesses
- Working with Interpreters
- Statutory Interpretation
- Legal Research
- Questioning Techniques
Substantive Law (SL)
- Criminal Procedure
- Introduction to Contract Law
- Family Law Practice
- Legal Professional Privilege for Inhouse Counsel
Practice Management and Business Skills (PM)
- IT Essentials for Lawyers
- Technology-related Risk Management for Lawyers
- Workplace Behaviour
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
Ethics and Professional Responsibility (EP)
We offer a range of customized programs to suit your needs.
Customised law-related programs for all professionals
Leo Cussen Centre for Law provides programs about the law and legal practice to the wider professional community (legal and non-legal).
We can also tailor our programs to suit your particular organisation or training needs. We can deliver our programs at your premises at convenient times of the day to suit you, or at Leo Cussen Centre for Law.
Customised programs for legal support staff
The Centre provides customised programs for legal support staff to increase knowledge skills and confidence.
The Centre also provides regular programs at Leo Cussen for Legal Support Staff.
Our range of options is designed to take the worry out of your professional development training.
To discuss your requirements or to seek further information, please contact:
| Linda Baxter |