Leo Cussen Centre for Law: Framework for the Future
The Leo Cussen Centre for Law has action plans for the future. The following extract from the Centre’s strategic plan indicates our goal, objectives, values and key attributes:
To continue to strengthen and support the administration of justice and the legal system by providing high quality:
- training, and
- professional development
in legal practice and the law.
- To offer practical and contemporary learning programs for Australian lawyers.
- To be recognised as a national centre of excellence for practical legal training and professional development.
- To be recognised nationally and internationally as a provider of high quality legal training.
- To be recognised by the legal profession as a valued partner in meeting their education, training and professional development needs with dynamic and innovative programs.
- To be the provider of choice for practical legal training and professional development.
- To operate on a financially sustainable and independent basis.
- To offer programs to support the legal education, training and professional development needs of other professions.
- To collaborate with leading professionals in the design and presentation of the Centre’s education, training and professional development programs.
- To undertake research to support legal education, training and professional development.
We are committed to:
- acting with integrity at all times;
- respect for our colleagues, clients, stakeholders and all other people;
- quality and professionalism in all our education, training and professional development activities;
- supporting a competent and ethical legal profession.
- We treat our colleagues and our clients as individuals.
- We mentor and guide.
- We support continuous improvement.
- We present our staff as role models for good practice.
- We provide value for money.
- We encourage innovation in education and training while not disregarding the sound basis of traditional learning methods.
- We are an independent and not-for-profit organisation.